Cafe Luz is a friendly, stylish and relaxed all day cafe bar to enjoy healthy food Nicaraguan and international, sourced from local gardens, local small coffee growers and staffed by a team of Esteli folk.
- Fast and free wireless internet (Wi-Fi)
- Open every day 7am-10pm
- Special early openings for Somoto Canyon Tours 6.30am.
- Conveniently located opposite Luna International Hostel and TreeHuggers tourism office
- Lounge atmosphere with sofas, chilled music and healthy, delicious juices and food both Nica & International
- Interested in meeting some friendly locals and practising your spanish, well Cafe Luz is a buzzing bar and restaurant full of locals and, if there’s room, travellers in the evenings
- Funds community development projects
- Groups welcome and preorders available
- Expreso coffees, lattes and cappuccinos
- Awesome Breakfast Menu, make your own breakfast or just an organic locally grown cup of coffee or tea perhaps from 7am
- Homemade natural yogurt and fresh fruit salads
- Lunch and Dinner, great menu plus snacks & sandwiches available
- Fresh natural juices & super smoothies all without the sugar and we use natural honey for smoothies and natural yogurt)
- Amazing Vegetarian Menu, the Best in Esteli ***(Lentils/eggplant/great salads/sandwiches/soya/lasagna/red-pepper hummus/ gallo pintado variation! & free-to-choose options)
- Local dishes included, homemade Nacatamales, even Veggie Nacatamales, tostones and other
- Organic salads fresh produce from our kitchen gardens project
- Chilled beers, a great glass or bottle of wine, Flor de Cana rum, Nica’s best kept secret, sold by the bottle with a coke’n ice!
- Happy Hour! 5pm -7pm *2 FOR 1*
- Mojitos, Cocktails,Tequila, Scotch whisky, Vodka and other fun treats for us all
“Shop” at Cafe Luz
- Selling unique Nicaraguan goods
- Local Organic coffee for sale
- Jewellery, handmade recycled cards, natural soaps, organic cotton weaved bags and cases, & more
- El Castillo de Cacao real chocolate bars – YES, i said CHOCOLATE!
- Youth groups from Jinotega – they make Orange flavour chocolate – Soxxpecha Cooperative
- Most products are made by marginalised groups, supported by the Cafe LUZ, the Peace Corps, local organic producers and women’s movements amongst others
- We are expanding our outlet to include fresh produce and to concentrate on organic products, that help benefit the producer farming organically as much as ourselves the consumer. See our projects for more information on the Organic Kitchen Gardens Project
- Fresh cigars and boxes of cigars from the local producers.